Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bragging

I just have to take few minutes to brag about my absolutely wonderful baby boy. About a week and a half ago, Carson was having a hard time going to sleep. We were in Midway at a hotel so we didn't have a rocking chair. (I usually rock Carson to sleep.) After about 45 minutes, I decided to just put him in his bed and see what happened. He babbled and grunted for about 5 minutes then fell right to sleep. I decided to try the same thing the next night, even though we were back home. After nursing him and rocking him for 5 minutes, I put him in his bed and left the room. Again, he babbled and grunted for a few minutes and fell asleep. Next night, same thing and so on. It is now a week and a half later, and we have put him down every night and let him fall asleep on his own. He has never even cried or fussed. He just babbles. And since he has been putting himself to sleep, he falls asleep earlier and stays asleep longer. Instead of only sleeping about 4 to 5 hours, he now sleeps 6 to 8 hours. I think this is a pretty amazing feat for a 7 week old baby to have accomplished. Oh and a sleeping baby means a sleeping mommy. I am loving the added rest I have gotten. We both just love him!

6 comments:

Dani said...

WOW! That is so nice!! You two are such cute parents, and your baby is adorable! He is growing so fast!

steff said...

I am sorry I thought we email you about our blog page... sorry

Amanda Fullerton said...

That's wonderful! Way to go Carson! I hope he continues to sleep well for you. Added sleep is always nice.

Our Family said...

Oh Misty and Phil! Count your freaking many blessings! Faith was always a terrific sleeper at night but we still had to do sleep training at 4 months so she could learn to put herself to sleep. The crying on end for hours for more then a week was torture for a new mom. She finally learned it, but if you don't have to do that, you are so lucky!

Melanie said...

OH MY GOSH!! I am soooooo jealous! That is amazing!

Cassie said...

That is quite the feat!! Hopefully you two can take some needed couple time to unwind and enjoy each other.

How cute is it that he babbles? I wonder what he is saying. A prayer? Talking about all the fun things he did that day? Knowing his dad, maybe he is working on a musical masterpiece that will unveil itself in the future. =)