Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crazy Paul's Racing

So, Misty's Dad, thought that it would be a good Idea if he were to run a race. No big deal right? A quick 5K? a 10 mile run?

No, not for Misty's dad....
Maybe a Marathon? Now that would be something wouldn't it! But no, not even that!
Maybe 50 miles, that would be crazy now wouldn't it! Yeah. That would be, but you forget....This is MISTY'S DAD.

50 wasn't enough. He had to go for the gusto.....
100 MILES!!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!!???

And it's not just over nice paved roads. No, it's through the mountains. It's UP AND DOWN HILLS! AND IT TAKES AT LEAST 20 HOURS TO RUN!! (I think the winner did it in 20?)
The elevation went from a low point of around 4800, up to 10500, back down to around 5700.
He did do great though, and he finished in 34hrs and 2omin give or take a little. (with no sleep)

Here are some pictures from his amazing feat.

We are proud of you Dad!














3 comments:

Tiffany said...

A friend of mine volunteers to run an aide station at that race every year. It's always fun to her the stories about those runners. I can't believe they do it! I guess if you're looking for a challenge 100 miles is the ultimate one.

Jeremy and Kristin Colter said...

Misty what is your maiden name? Where does your Dad work? I swear I sit across from him at work, if he works at HILL AFB, and the guy I sit across from ran that race!
Let me know:)

The Burnetts said...

My dad does work at Hill. His name is Paul Hulet.