Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

With all of Phil's job changes these past few months, our Christmas money is a little tight. So tight that I was thinking that we should probably not spend money on a Christmas tree. I didn't want to admit it, but I was pretty heartbroken. I can't remember a Christmas without a tree. We talked about it and decided that we both really did want one but we would just get a really inexpensive live one, even if inexpensive usually means not so nice. The day after we had decided this, I was making dinner, and heard a knock at the door. No one was there, but a big box. Upon examining the box, I realized that it was a new prelit Christmas tree. It's not the big fancy one Phil and I will eventually buy, but with the nice ornaments we bought last year and our expert tree fluffing skills, I think turned out beautiful. The best part is that no matter how tight things are at future Christmases, we will always have a tree.

To whomever it was that brought it to us, and I am pretty sure I know, thank you! I was having a hard time feeling the Christmas spirit this year with our financial situation and the lack of snow, but you truly brought that spirit right to my heart. Phil and I really appreciate your generosity and strive to be able to serve others in a similar manner.

Here is a picture of our beautiful Christmas tree.

I also included a picture of our mantle because I think it looks wonderfully Christmasey and makes me smile.

No comments: