Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Audition....

Well, I am finally done with the audition for the School of Music at BYU. Overall, I thought it went pretty well! I couldn't expect it to have gone better. I think that I performed to the best my current abilities would allow me. So short of a miracle stepping in and making me sound like Charlie Parker or John Coltrane. I couldn't have asked for more.

I was most worried about having to play my scales in front of the judges, but they didn't even ask me to play one!! : ) There was a bullet dodged.

I had to take an Aural test that tested on how well I could identify rhythms, intervals and chord progressions. There were 64 questions, and they said that most people got about half right. When my results came back, I had gotten a 37, so that wasn't too bad.

We should hear back if I actually got admitted by the end of February at the latest, but most likely in the next couple weeks.

We feel pretty good about getting in, but time will tell!

No comments: