Tuesday, August 4, 2009

1 Year Old

Our sweet little baby, Carson, is now ONE! We really can't believe how fast he has grown up. His birthday was last Monday. He really is such a joy in our lives. We thank our Heavenly Father every night for entrusting us with this special little spirit. We don't know what we did to deserve such trust. It is very humbling. We just love him so much! He brings us such joy.

We had a big birthday party for him on his birthday. Unfortunately our camera is broken so we had to buy a disposable camera and we haven't gotten the pictures developed yet. We were so thankful that so many of our friends and family were able to come to celebrate with us. Carson receives so much support from all those around him. It's wonderful. He got lots of fun toys and is having a great time playing with them all.

Phil and I have always said that we would take Carson's binky away from him as soon as he turned one. We were both really dreading it, though. He has been pretty attached to that thing. We had a couple of family trips and things scheduled for the weeks around his birthday so we postponed taking it away for a little while. However, we finally got the guts to take it away yesterday. When I put him down for his morning nap, I was really worried that he would start screaming and it would last for hours. However, he played for a little while, then fell quietly asleep. I thought, "Wow! That was lucky! I bet his afternoon nap won't go as smoothly." So we went through our day, we even had a doctor's appointment and he got 4 shots. I put him down in the afternoon, same thing as the morning! Then that night, he went right to sleep without even playing for that long. And today has been the same story. It's like he never even used a binky. I'm truely baffled! He's such a good little boy.

He now weighs 25 pounds, which puts him in the 81% for his weight, and he is 31 3/4 inches tall (95%). His doctor says he is very healthy looking and he is really pleased with his growth and abilities.

At my family's reunion a couple of weeks ago, I had my sister take a few pictures of Carson for his first birthday. She does such a good job! I'm so thankful that she is willing to take such wonderful pictures for us. Look her up if you need pictures taken. Her name is Angie Berrio and her blog is berriophotography.blogspot.com.

Playing in the water. He absolutely loves water!





This is my cousin Brant. He would take Carson's hand and rub it on his goatee.
Carson thought is was really funny. I love that smile!







This is actually his whiney face. He makes it all the time.
He was sitting up on a wall and was a little nervous about it.



Here he is telling you how old he is.



4 comments:

Rachael said...

He is one already?!!! That is insane. He sure is cute. Hope you are adjusting well to Happy Valley.

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Carson!! Congrats on letting go of the binky. That is exciting!!

I love all the pictures!! I was thinking to myself that I have never seen a grumpy or crying Carson, even the "whiney face" still looks funny and sweet. He is such a sweet and happy little boy.

Lorien said...

I love that picture of Carson pointing to the ONE! I might have to steal that idea when Addi turns one. He's such a doll- I loved seeing him at Cassie's bday.

Alisa and Crowells said...

Such cute pictures--I can't believe he's ONE! He is such a darlin' dude.