Sunday, August 23, 2009

Conversations at the Burnett's...

This is a "for instance" of how a lot of conversations at our house go. : )

Misty: Honey, are you thirsty?

Phil: (knowing what she is getting at) No. Are YOU?

Misty: Yeah. My mouth is REALLY dry!

Phil: Would you like me to get you something?

Misty: You don't have to if you don't want to.

Phil: But would you LIKE me to get you something?

Misty: Only if you want to you don't have to. I can go get it myself.

Phil: (as I am getting up) No, that's okay I'll get it. What would you like?

Misty: I don't care.

Phil: (from the kitchen) We have Milk, Water, Lemon Lime, Hawaiian Punch or Kool Aid.

Misty: Not Milk.

Phil: (Pours himself some Hawaiian Punch, and gets Misty some Kool Aid. Walking back into the room where Misty is...)

Misty: (Expectantly says, with a smile on her face) Oh! Is the Hawaiian Punch for me?

Phil: Yup. Sure is! (Hands Misty the Hawaiian Punch and takes the Kool Aid for himself. And sits down next to his cute wife. : ) )

Misty: Thanks Honey!

Phil: Anytime Love.

5 comments:

The Burnetts said...

I think that was a little bit of an exaggeration.

The Burnetts said...

If by exaggeration you mean "SPOT ON!!" Then yes... It was an exaggeration.

Rachael said...

Funny.

Camille said...

Misty...Aren't we blessed that we have wonderful husbands that love us enough that they still think we're cute when we're being somewhat difficult!?!? Keep laughing and having fun!

Krystal said...

I laughed right out loud when I read this. :)