Thursday, July 17, 2008

Late Nights

(This is Misty again.)
Here I am. It's Thursday night, 12:47, and I am sitting at the computer instead of being tucked away in my bed, getting some much needed sleep. Up until the last few days, my pregnancy hasn't created too much sleep interference for me. (Except the occasional potty break.) But boy how times have changed.

On Sunday, I started to get a couple of small red bumps on my stretch marks. By Monday night, my entire belly was covered in the bumps and was extremely itchy, so itchy that I spent the entire day on Tuesday on the couch, using all the will power I had not to scratch them. Then on Wednesday, I noticed that the bumps had spread to my legs and feet. We asked the doctor about them today at our weekly check up. He said that they are caused by a form of Staff infection that is common during pregnancy. It's not dangerous for the baby or for me (except my mental health). It's just another thing that I have to deal with. The itching is almost constant all day long. I sincerely hope that it quickly goes away, especially after the baby comes.

3 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

Yikes! I hope the rash starts to fade and you get some relief soon. How irritating at a time when you could really do with your sleep. Hope you get some much needed sleep soon and the rash(infection) fades.

Ashley said...

It is horrible that one more thing has to be added to your burden! I hope it doesn't get any worse and that you will find some relief! You are almost there! Hang in there!

Tiffany said...

What a handsome little guy. Congratulations!