Saturday, May 3, 2008

$$$$$$$$

So one of the benefits of moving into a home that has stuff left in it, is that the stuff that you find, you can sell!!! : )
(Not actual picture) : P

=


(This picture in no way represents actual consideration given for transmission shown above (Transmission not actual transmission shown above))

Yeah, They left a TRANSMISSION in our garage!! I was thinking that it probably still worked, and though rather than just trashing it, I would go and take it to a salvage yard, and have someone else benefit from it.

So when I got to the salvage yard, I told them that I had a transmission, didn't know if it worked or not, and they said that they could give me salvage cost for it, for...... Here comes the big numbers!!!........170.00$ A TON!!!

Yeah, needless to say, I was way below a ton in weight for salvage metal. Regardless of that though, I said, "what the heck", and had them pay me what it weighed (Couldn't have weighed more than 80 lbs.).

For a grand total of .....11.90!!

Yeah Baby! That's the way to work the system!

Oh, by the way, they also left rebar at our house. About 16 rods of it that probably measure at least 15 ft each. (Dunno what the standard length is for it). I have no Idea what they were planning on doing with it, and my dad suggested that I sell it (On KSL or something like that), because the price of steel is high right now.

But if any of you neeed it for anything *Cough* *Jungle gym* *Cough* *Rachael* *Cough* just let me know! Feel free to come and grab it!

2 comments:

Quists said...

You're a nerd Phil! HA HA! I was all excited for you to get some mula mula cash, thinking that Misty got a really cool stroller/carseat for your baby boy, and then I read "$11.90". HA HA! BUT... heck you CAN take her out to Best Burger or Gridelli's for that. Mnnn, we miss those places.
I hope you are all doing well!

Rachael said...

Very funny Phil. I definitely need a jungle gym made of rebar.

Our house had the strangest things installed in random places- Pencil sharpeners in most closets, extra shelves on walls that had no right being their, etc. It is an adventure to discover the quirks of owners past. :)