Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The name is Phillip......W.M. Phillip.

(The WM stand for Web Master. )

I often wonder if the jokes I say make anyone else other than myself chuckle.

So, I got an e-mail from this guy that hosts a forum/website that I frequently comment, and frequent, asking if I wanted to watch it for the next 6 months to a year for him. I am a big fan of the site, so I said that I would!!

He basically has it all set up, and would continue to pay for any hosting fees and such, all I would have to do would be to monitor the forum, post questions and answers that people write in.

The site is www.askamormon.com, and was set up for people who are just curious about the beliefs/lifestyle of the church. (Read the small print at the bottom to get the full purpose of the site).

I'm kinda stoked about the responsibility, I think the reason he chose me was because I have a ton of responses on there already about other questions people have asked. He probably saw that I answered a ton, and frequented it quite often, and thought I would be a good candidate.

The reason he says that he is passing on the responsibility, is (this is kinda funny) that he really doesn't have the time (he said it would take like 10 min a day) to watch after it like he should, because of all his deadlines that he has at work, and that (here's the funny part) that his wife won't let him get on-line on Sundays. (I just think that's kinda humorous.)

The link to it is in this post, as well as over there to the right, under "sites we like". Go and check it out, post a response, and I promise that I will publish it for ya! : P

I think its a good avenue to get people's questions answered about the church, (even though it is best to hear it from the missionaries of course) and hopefully peak some interest in them to investigate more!

I am probably going to go through and clean out some of the controversial responses and the such, and make it more readable and friendly. Let me know what you guys suggest!

Also, if you have anyone who just would like to ask a question about anything, I think it's a great way to get info (They can even post it under an alias if they would like.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site's going to put the missionaries on the unemployment line!